UDP guide to Samsung Galaxy Store
Signing up to the Samsung Galaxy Store
Signing up to Samsung Galaxy Store via UDP lets you link your Unity account with your Samsung account. Once you’ve authorized linking between accounts, you will be taken to Samsung to create your Seller account.
Once in the Samsung Seller Portal, you’ll have to:
Create a Samsung Account - Select Sign Up and fill in your details. If you already have a Samsung Account, simply sign in.
Create a Seller Profile - This will register you as a content provider to the Samsung Galaxy Store. You can register as a Private Seller or a Corporate Seller.
Apply for Commercial Seller Status - This is required to distribute premium games or games with in-app purchases on Samsung Galaxy Store. The link between UDP and Samsung Galaxy Store will only be complete once the Commercial Seller status has been approved by Samsung. This usually takes a few days. You will also need a copy of your ID and proof of your bank account (preferably a PDF).
For more information, Samsung has an online resource about Commercial Seller requests which we strongly recommend you check out.
Submitting games to Samsung Galaxy Store
Once your Commercial Seller status is approved, you can register and submit your game to Samsung Galaxy Store directly from the UDP console.
Prepare your game for submission in the Game Info section
• Upload your UDP/binary (the APK in particular)
• Input / upload all info required on the Game Info page
• Review your In-App Purchases and adjust prices if needed*
• Click “Release”
• Create a revision tag and some release notes, and confirm
* Prices only need to be set in USD; Samsung Galaxy Store will automatically convert to local currencies. If you define prices in local currencies, Samsung will take them into account.
Submit your game in the Publish section
• Register your game with Samsung Galaxy Store. Simply click the “REGISTER” button*
• Any warnings or errors will be flagged ahead of submitting your game to Samsung Galaxy Store. Errors must be addressed before you can submit.
• When you’re satisfied, click “Publish” at the top right of the screen. Repacking automatically generates a build specific to Samsung Galaxy Store
• You will be sent to the Status section showing your game’s submission progress.
* Samsung requires a .gs suffix to be added to your game’s package name; UDP adds it automatically. If your game uses third-party services, assess the impact the new package name will have on them.
Test your game on the Samsung Galaxy Store’s Beta Track (optional)
• Follow the step-by-step instructions in this separate guide.
Monitor your game submission in the Status section
• You will be notified when your game is accepted (or rejected) by Samsung Galaxy Store
• Once accepted, you can launch your game manually, or set a specific date to launch it.
Track your game’s performance
• Select Store = Samsung to view its performance on the Samsung Galaxy Store
More information and FAQs are available on the Samsung Galaxy Store page.