JioGames is a gaming app store run by India’s largest telecom operator, Reliance Jio. The store app serves the company’s 300+ million smartphone subscribers and is integrated with popular local and preferred payment services.
- In-App Purchases = Yes (optional)
- Premium Pricing = Not supported at this time
- Ads = Jio ads SDK only
Have these ready:
- Contact information
- For Company / Organization account type: your Certificate of Incorporation
- KYC documents. For Individual or Sole Proprietor / Single-Person Business account type: a scanned copy of any government-approved proof of identity. For Company / Organization account type: your Tax Identification Number (TIN) and selfdeclaration document
- Payment account details including Tax profile, Payment info, Bank Mandate
Signing up and linking
- Click ‘Sign up to JioGames’, you will be navigated to JioGames Store Developer portal
- Click the button ‘DISTRIBUTE WITH UNITY’ or ‘Sign Up with Unity’ on JioGames Store Developer portal, click “Allow” to link accounts
- Select the applicable account type, fill out your contact and KYC information, and click ‘Submit’
- Click the agreements including Terms and Conditions, NDA and ELA/DDA
- Fill out the applicable payment account details and click ‘Submit’
- Request and provide the OTP verification code, and click ‘Submit and Verify’
- You will receive an acknowledgement email from Jio, with a distribution agreement
- At that stage your JioGames sign-up status in the UDP console becomes “Under Review”
- Sign the agreement (via Docusign) to have your account approved. Once done, your JioGames status in the UDP console becomes “Signed Up”
- JioGames will also send an email (to your UnityID) to confirm the account approval
Submitting games to JioGames from UDP
Prepare your game for submission in the Game Info section
- Input/upload all required information on the Game Info page
- Review your In-App Purchases and adjust prices if needed. The restriction on minimum IAP amount is 5 INR equivalent
- Click “Save” at the top-right of your screen
- Click “Release”
- Create a revision tag and some release notes, and confirm
Submit your game in the Publish section
- On the Publish page, warnings or errors will be flagged ahead of submitting your game to JioGames. Errors must be addressed before you can submit
- Note: JioGames requires ad-enabled games to exclusively use JioAds SDK
- When you’re satisfied, click “Publish” at the top right of the screen
Monitor your game submission in the Status section
- You will be sent to a Status page showing your game’s submission progress.
- JioGames will be in touch for next steps. Vetting a game can take 5 to 10 working days
Congratulations, you’ve just submitted your game to JioGames!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which languages does JioGames operate in?
JioGames operates in English.
Which countries does JioGames reach?
Does JioGames support premium (pay-to-download) games?
What kind of devices can the JioGames client support?
The JioGames store client runs on Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) and above, effectively addressing around 90% of India’s Android devices.
What pricing works best on JioGames?
India is a price-sensitive market where international pricing would not work using simple currency conversions. JioGames recommends that you create pricing relevant to the Indian market. For example, a product valued at US$0.99 would be more relevant priced at 10 INR.
Can I monetize my games with ads?
Yes, but only using the JioAds Network. JioGames offers its JioAds SDK for developers to monetize their games through various ad formats such as rewarded, instream video,interstitials, banners, and native ads. Games integrated with any other ad network will be rejected by JioGames. You can download the JioAds SDK and its documentation using this link
and contact the JioGames developer support
team for related queries.
What are the rules and requirements for my game on JioGames?
You should refrain from posting games that contain any offensive content, established as such either through your own research or by legal consultation to include:
- Inappropriate content, such as graphic depictions of extreme gore, unsettling content, sexually explicit content, hate speech, excessive violence, content that lacks sensitivity to sensitive events, religious violence, bullying and harassment, etc.
- Gambling content dealing in real money
- Content that infringes third-party intellectual property rights
Games that infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third party will not be distributed by JioGames. If your game uses the IP of a third party, you will be required to provide documentation of your license or IP rights to distribute your game within the JioGames ecosystem.Contact DeveloperSupport.UDP@ril.com
for more information.
What data privacy law does JioGames follow?
JioGames follows Indian Privacy Law, and details are covered as part of the commercial agreement during sign-off.
How do payouts work on JioGames?
You are paid directly to the bank account that is approved through your individual agreement with JioGames.
JioGames can pay to bank accounts denominated in any legal currency, with settlement amounts based on Indian rupees (INR). The amount received may differ from the one confirmed due to foreign currency exchange and bank transfer fees (details are covered as part of the commercial agreement during sign-off).